- Last Updated: 31 August 2015 31 August 2015
Every year KLM offers two scholarships to graduating grade 12 players, one female and one male, who are going on to post secondary education. The scholarships are in the amount of $500. Candidates must have played and/or volunteered at KLM, and must show proof that they are attending or have been accepted at an accredited school. The worthy recipients are selected by a KLM committee who review all the applications.
KLM Scholarship Application Rules
- Each year, the KLM Board shall award a $500 scholarship to a successful male and female applicant. The applicant must:
- have played for KLM during the calendar year in which they are applying (for example played in 2011/2012 season to apply in September 2012);
- have demonstrated good citizenship, character and leadership;
- have shown contributions to the club through volunteering, officiating or coaching;
- go directly from Grade 12 to a university or post-secondary institute approved by the KLM Board.
- Candidates must complete an application in full and provide all required information, documents and letters in order for their application to be considered. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure the application is complete and that all required information, documentation and
- The following must accompany the application:
- a transcript of the applicant’s most recent marks;
- a letter from high school confirming school honours, awards and participation listed in application form plus comments on character and ability;
- a letter from Club Coach, Manager or volunteer regarding applicant’s character, leadership and participation;
- a cover letter with any additional comments you’d like to provide.
- Funds will be provided to the successful applicant upon proof they are attending a post-secondary institute approved by the Board.
- The decision of the Board is final.
|Scholarship application form can be downloaded here.|
Application must be received by September 15
of the current year and be sent to:
5175 Dumfries Street
Vancouver, BC V5P 3A2
Past Scholarship Winners